Family Silver, Ice-Creams and Trelissick

22 Jun

Many years ago, when it was our Silver Wedding, my parents gave us some of the family silver from my Mother’s home. Our family are here to celebrate my (American)  brother and SIL’s Silver Wedding so I polished up some other family silver that I inherited and we gave it to P&V this morning. They were delighted and so were we to have made them happy.

Silver tea set

Daughter No 1 has joined us today and we all went to Trelissick for lunch, to browse the Gallery and to have a walk. Ice-creams were, of course, on the menu.

A trio of Callestick ice-creams

The walk over the fields to the view out over the Carrick Roads is a joy and delights us every time. My favourite tree is here too, its tutu in full leaf.

Ballerina Tree

From Trelissick out to The Carrick Roads

Daughter No2 and her two LiveWires arrive late tonight. Daughter no 3 and her daughter will arrive tomorrow.

Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “Family Silver, Ice-Creams and Trelissick

1. maureenjenner

June 26, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I love silver despite all the cleaning, but no one wants it these days – the young people have better things to do than clean and buff it.

June 27, 2018 at 6:47 am

That’s true sadly. Happily, P and V were delighted to have some of the family silver. 🙂

2. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

June 23, 2018 at 10:37 pm

The silver tea pieces made a wonderful gift…how thoughtful…

June 23, 2018 at 10:49 pm

They have just been in a cupboard since I inherited them and P&V are so delighted with them. It felt like the right thing to do and it was. 🙂

June 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Sounds like a full house! Hope the brother and SiL are doing okay after their accident.

June 22, 2018 at 9:53 pm