Eggs, Catkins and Tulips

05 Apr

Friends from choir often bring fresh eggs from their chickens to sell on a Thursday morning. I love the special enormous blue one in this half dozen.

Fresh eggs from friends’ chickens

We have had a hard couple of weeks with the lovely Mr S  working every day to get the boat ready for launch and me recovering from the virus that hit three weeks ago and which has left me throughly whisht, as my Mum used to say. We went out for dinner tonight to celebrate the launch and in the car park saw these gorgeous Spring welcoming Catkins.

Catkins against a blue sky

Every table in The Royal Oak in Perranwell had tulips in a small vase and the ones on the mantlepiece were beautifully reflected the mirror.  We had a fabulous meal!

Tulips in the mirror at the pub

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “Eggs, Catkins and Tulips

1. Arkenaten

April 10, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Never heard of the word whisht before. And those eggs! We have some chickens on order so we are expecting an interesting upcoming months.

April 11, 2018 at 6:56 am

I hope you will enjoy beautiful fresh eggs. The ones we gat are delicious and we love to visit the friends with the chickens too. They, the chickens, all have different personalities and are quite endearing. Whisht – the energyless, lacklustre feeling one can be left with after a virus – a Lancashire dialect word I think. Happily, I am no longer feeling whisht! 🙂

• Arkenaten

April 11, 2018 at 7:26 am

Pratchett explained the word ”pished” in a glossary of terms used by the Nac Mac Feegle.
        Another word that is not quite what it sounds like but similar to wisht, apparently.
        🙂

I will most definitely be writing about the cluck -clucks, once they have arrived, and we are sorted as they say.

2. valeriedavies

April 5, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Is the beautiful blue egg a ducks egg????

April 6, 2018 at 6:46 am

No, it came from a chicken who has the name Peaches but I don’t know her breed. I shall ask N&G! 🙂

April 5, 2018 at 8:58 pm

Gorgeous tulips! Glad you both felt up to celebrating . . .