The Man Engine, Embroidery Silks and Haberdashery

05 Mar

Those of you who are regular readers will know how I love to sing and that I sing with two choirs. Soon I am to sing with a third and I am very excited! It is to be the choir especially brought together for The Man Engine Resurrection Tour that begins at Easter and we start rehearsals next week. There has been a very special bus going around Cornwall advertising the tour. I haven’t managed to see it but here is a photo taken by Chris of the bus. You may have seen my posts about this remarkable mechanical puppet in the Summer of 2016. You can check them out here and  here. I urge you to do so as he is splendiferous! The tour this time is going around the country so, please don’t miss it! Here is where you can get tickets for Wales, Yorkshire and more!

“The largest mechanical puppet ever constructed in Britain (powered by Volvo) and winner of the ‘Best Arts Project’ in the National Lottery Awards 2017, returns this Easter for his much-anticipated Resurrection Tour. ”           manenginetickets.com

The Man Engine Bus

LiveWire No 3 has requested a sewing box for her 7th birthday soon so I have had lots of fun deciding what to put in her box. That has been ordered online (our local shop didn’t have what we wanted) and here are some of the bits. I shall add more fro my own stock before we post it all off.  I am delighted that I have inspired her as my Granny inspired me!

Embroidery silks

T enjoyed doing some free design embroidery when last with us so I think will enjoy having her own embroidery hoop and coloured silks.

Embroidery hoop, pins and special scissors

Tags:

13 responses to “The Man Engine, Embroidery Silks and Haberdashery

1. anotherday2paradise

March 6, 2018 at 8:35 pm

What a very creative gift for your seven-year-old. It must warm your heart, knowing how much she will enjoy it. 🙂

March 6, 2018 at 3:20 am

I have a box of embroidery thread like that ~ it came from my great aunt. I use it for projects from time to time. Live Wire No. 3 will love it!

March 6, 2018 at 9:01 am

I think so.She loves mine also inherited from my Mum and from my Granny. 🙂

March 5, 2018 at 11:38 pm

I used to keep embroidery silks like yours in an old cigar box belonging to my father. You have brought back some lovely memories.

March 6, 2018 at 3:41 pm

That pleases me! I have some old silks that were my Granny’s and remember her showing me how to embroider Lazy Daisy stitch and knots and Stem stitch – lovely memories to have aren’t they? 🙂

4. Arkenaten

March 5, 2018 at 10:30 pm

My mother actually made a sewing box after attending woodwork classes shortly after we moved to Chester, would you believe!
    I must ask her if she still has it.

March 5, 2018 at 10:59 pm

I would! A woman after my own heart – I went to woodwork classes and made a playpen when I was expecting our first child and I made a sewing box which I do still have! 🙂

March 5, 2018 at 9:32 pm

That’ll be a lovely sewing box!