The Promised Snow Arrived…….

28 Feb

The snow starts

A Robin stops off before going to the feeders

It’s thick snow!

Poor little Tete a Tete flowers – hope they recover when things warm up.

Welly dog has become Snowdog

And now the sky is blue over next-door’s roof – but there is more snow to come….

So it has been an indoor day. The temperature was -3C most of the day with the wind chill taking it down to -11C!

20 responses to “The Promised Snow Arrived…….

1. Ali

March 2, 2018 at 7:32 pm

I love your dog sculpture!

2. Mama Cormier

March 2, 2018 at 5:23 am

We’ve been hearing about the snow over your way and tonight our spring weather is ending with a big blast of snow.

3. valeriedavies

March 1, 2018 at 11:22 pm

It always Looks so beautiful ! but it;s hard work I know… and so hard on the birds and animals…

March 5, 2018 at 11:29 am

Yes, beautiful but hard on creatures and humans! The people in Cumbria are still snowed in and helicopters have been airdropping supplies today – bread, baby milk etc. Very hard for some even if beautiful , I agree. Our birds have been emptying the feeders every day, much quicker than usual. Love to you 🙂

4. Arkenaten

March 1, 2018 at 1:37 pm

Soooo …. you probably won’t want to hear about the 27 degrees down here in Jo’burg, I take it?

Very pretty all the same.
    Stay warm, if you can.

March 1, 2018 at 3:17 pm

It’s lovely to hear that you are warm!Will it be so warm in April/May? We are come your way then! Landing in Jo’burg, thence to Durban and Kwa Zulu Natal. Here we are very cold even indoors as our boiler has broken! Trying to defrost pipes with kettles full…. Happy days! 🙂

• Arkenaten

March 1, 2018 at 3:56 pm

April/ May is the onset of Winter. But in Durbs, next to the Indian Ocean, it should be be warm, have no fear. And for a Brit I suspect you may find it positively summer-like.

If you get waylaid or held over, give us a shout. Maybe we could have coffee?

March 1, 2018 at 6:08 pm

That would be brilliant! I’ll do that should be be your way for long enough. 🙂

• Arkenaten

March 1, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Excellent. Drop me a line closer to the time and I’ll send you contact details.
            It would be marvelous to get together even if only for an hour.
            Emily says she will bring cake! 🙂

March 5, 2018 at 11:24 am

That sounds like a plan! I rather hope we are hanging around so that we can meet up. 🙂

• Arkenaten

March 5, 2018 at 12:19 pm

I am 25 kms from JHB International so if we are free we could pop up unless you have to go straight to to transit.

• Arkenaten

March 1, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Excellent. Drop me a line closer to the time and I’ll send you contact details.
            It would be marvelous to get together even if only for an hour.

March 5, 2018 at 11:21 am

I’ll do that! 🙂

March 1, 2018 at 12:18 am

My hellebores have been flattened and frozen and the little daffs don’t look at all happy. Goodness knows the effect on the tender plants. I wasn’t expecting this when we moved to Cornwall!

March 5, 2018 at 11:35 am

I remember this only once in my childhood, the year we moved to Cornwall when I was 6 and my parents said the same as you! We were snowed in in our place in Feock on the side of Pill Creek. I loved it, of course! 🙂
      Our Tete a Tete have bounced back and I hope your Hellebores are looking happier too. 🙂

February 28, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Even here in London we have snow and it is a lot for London, will do some pictures tomorrow on my post! I love it!

7. Patti Van Tuyl

February 28, 2018 at 7:52 pm

Oh, so cold! Lovely effects in your garden, though. That’s one brave little robin.

March 1, 2018 at 4:56 am

and our boiler has broken! We have the wood burner so one warm room but no hot water or radiators! Many layers and hot drinks……. xx

• nrhatch

March 2, 2018 at 3:46 am

I hope your boiler gets fixed SOON! I guess you’ll be piling the comforters on the bed tonight!

Do like the look of the Welly dog covered with snow. 😀

March 2, 2018 at 9:38 am

And the power went off in the night! 10.30am and it has just come on. We have been to our neighbour’s for a cup of tea as she has an Aga! Thank you for your kind thoughts. 🙂