St Michael’s Mount, Rainbow and Tonight’s Murmuration

04 Nov

Our walk was from Marazion towards Penzance today with the aim of being back by Marazion Marsh to witness the murmuration at dusk this evening. The clouds were beautiful, a rainbow appeared in part and disappeared almost as quickly and then the Starlings started arriving in small murmurations building to thousands upon thousands. It is hard to capture the magic, the thrill for you but here is a short video to give you a flavour.

St Michael’s Mount

Rainbow over Marazion

Murmuration arriving

Tags:

17 responses to “St Michael’s Mount, Rainbow and Tonight’s Murmuration

December 1, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Ark sent me the link to your site so I am having a look around. I moved to Cornwall 18 months ago and slowly getting used to this beautiful county. Love your video. I must get out to the Marazion marshes to see that for myself. We have starlings here and mini murmurations – nothing like the size of this – but sometimes over the house and the noise of their wings is amazing. Such a lovely idea to post three beautiful things each day.
    Jude xx

December 1, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Lovely to see you here. I have visited your blog many times already and have been following you for some time! Thanks for the follow.
      Do go to see the murmuration – it really is very beautiful. πŸ™‚

2. calvin

November 11, 2017 at 5:45 am

We don’t see Murmuration of the bird kind all that often in my general area. So, simply I will just say ,”how cool is that”.

November 5, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Lovely ~ like watching a wave in the sky! Glad you got to witness it first hand.

November 5, 2017 at 4:52 pm

It is so thrilling to watch, really moving too. πŸ™‚

• saymber

November 5, 2017 at 6:41 pm

It’s like watching angels to me when I watch birds in the sky. Beautiful pictures – love the rainbow picture!

November 5, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Did you watch the video? πŸ™‚

• saymber

November 6, 2017 at 12:26 am

No I didn’t – there is no link for one showing up when I see the post! May just be me as it looks like others were able to watch – or is it in previous post?

November 6, 2017 at 7:59 am

That’s a shame. When I look it is just after the first murmuration photo. πŸ™‚

4. Shelagh Smith

November 5, 2017 at 9:52 am

Well done, Sally! Anne and I took a daylight stroll in the Marsh in 2006, after walking across the Causeway to the Mount. That had been on my bucket list since I was little.

5. unexpectedincommonhours

November 5, 2017 at 12:50 am

Lovely video! What an amazing sight! I’ve never seen anything like it before.

6. commonprose

November 4, 2017 at 8:02 pm

The Birds! Phenomenal! Beautiful sky over Marazion!