Weekly Photo Challenge – Curve

24 Jun

Finding the beautiful in our lives and sharing the love has become even more important today as my country, to my utter dismay, has voted to leave the EU. Here is a curve that I hope will make you smile.

This second photo is of a three year old hand feeling the texture of the Poppy bud.

With love to you all on this sad day.

13 Comments

Posted by on June 24, 2016 in Beauty, friendship

Tags: , , , ,

13 responses to “Weekly Photo Challenge – Curve

1. jpeggytaylor

June 24, 2016 at 7:45 pm

The poppy curve did make me smile but I still can’t take in that we are ‘leaving Europe’. I always find this an odd concept – as if Britain is somehow going to weigh anchor and set sail across the Atlantic or something! In our modern world we need to work together more than ever to combat all of the ugly forces that seek to divide us or wreck our planet. We must stay strong … and keep loving!

June 24, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Absolutely we must! I’m finding it incomprehensible and very worrying. We have a son living and working in Spain and don’t yet know how that will play out. Frightening times I think.

• jpeggytaylor

June 25, 2016 at 6:13 am

Yes, it’s hard to take it in really. It’s certainly very worrying wondering how things will go – I can imagine it must be worrying times for you and your son. I definitely feel it’s a huge backward step and not a good result for young people in particular. Though I think it seems unlikely that we’ll leave the ‘single market’ which means freedom of movement should remain unaffected – that’s the case for Norway and Switzerland that are EEA but not EU.

2. saymber

June 24, 2016 at 6:15 pm

As I wrote in my blog today, I sense something is afoot here and I have a sense of dread. I’m trying to be happy for the voters if that’s what they truly wanted and the other countries that may now be emboldened to follow suite….but….in my gut I sense something wicked this way comes. For several years now I have viewed what’s been going on as a chess match and for several years it’s just been pawns that have been being moved around….now King, Queen and Country…..the big power pieces are about on the board. Keep your eyes open! Now is a time for much singing and prayer — a clearing so we can see the truth of things.

3. Patti Van Tuyl

June 24, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Beautiful photos. They help, but the sadness today is insurmountable. Love to you, Sally.

June 24, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Thank you Patti. We feel desolate and cannot understand how anyone could vote leave, especially in Cornwall, such an impoverished region which has benefited so much from EU money. We will find a way to fight back but right now we feel , as you say, inconsolable and there is no going back…….
      Thank you for your love.

4. Lisa Williams

June 24, 2016 at 8:11 am

On this sad, sad day, there was never a greater need for love. One love. x