Concert at Krowji for the Opening of the Percy Williams Building

23 May

My other choir, The Ingleheart Singers, sang this afternoon at the opening of the new building at Krowji, the arts Centre of Redruth. It is home to a vibrant creative community which currently includes painters, jewellers, furniture makers, ceramicists, textile artists, web designers, theatre companies and musicians.
We are just off to a music festival, Tunes in the Dunes to see Status Quo, so here is just one photo from the wonderful new building. I will add to this tomorrow.  Please see below.

I just love this pipe work! Perfects for an Arts Building.

I just love this pipe work! Perfect for an Arts Building.

There were various speeches prior to the cutting of the ribbon and the opening of the building and it became obvious that without the Williams family, there would be no new arts building and it made me think of the legacy left by Passmore Edwards, library buildings in many Cornish towns. This is an equally philanthropic gesture that generations of artists and those who love art in all its forms will come to appreciate.  Please click on any photo for detail and the caption.

Tags: ,

8 responses to “Concert at Krowji for the Opening of the Percy Williams Building

1. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

May 24, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I love how the children take part in such events…

May 24, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Nice view to Carn Brae. Is this building in Redruth itself, in the shopping area?

May 24, 2015 at 3:19 pm

It was the old Grammar School, you may remember that, out of town, up West End and just past The Penventon Hotel. 🙂

• utesmile

May 24, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Ah yes I remember that , always wondered what that was. I know the Penventon well. Thanks.

May 24, 2015 at 7:45 am

… just like under my old bath…. no this is nicer… hehe 🙂

4. Charlie@Seattle Trekker

May 23, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I love the creative use of color and patterns to create such pleasing images for the eye…Perfect for an arts center.

May 24, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Thank you for your comment. Please re-visit and see the other architectural details which are also really pleasing. All the best to you. 🙂