Day 18 – Last Glimpses of Boston, Windows and Reflections

18 Oct

A last sunny walk from Arlington Street, down Boylston to The Top of the Hub restaurant, 52 floors up The Prudential building with amazing views over Boston to have our last American lunch, to Barnes and Noble, such a brilliant bookshop (and where the lovely Mr S spotted Michael Gove – not one of our beautiful things!) then back up Newbury to our hotel by Boston Common and pick up the luggage ready to fly home overnight, catch the train from Paddington and home…….

20131018-152959.jpg

20131018-153039.jpg

20131018-153052.jpg

20131018-153108.jpg

20131018-153808.jpg

20131018-153838.jpg

Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “Day 18 – Last Glimpses of Boston, Windows and Reflections

1. Shelagh in Vermont

October 19, 2013 at 8:42 am

So glad you and Mr.S were able to include my corner of Vermont in your Grand Tour of NE. A pleasure meeting you both and sorry I couldn’t show you the sights I had planned!! Next time. Btw, the Snow Geese are back in their thousands at the Dead Creek Wildlife Management Area ( this year, of course. I am going to visit them on Thursday, with camera. Might even see some Bald Eagles & Ospreys: http://www.hforcier.com/articles/DCWMA.htm

October 19, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I’ll look forward to your photos! It was lovely to spend some time with you; next time maybe we’ll catch the Snow Geese. xx

2. Don

October 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

May your journey home be a good and safe one. Thank you for the trip.

October 18, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Thank you for coming along with us and appreciating the beauty of it all. 🙂

3. mixedupmeme

October 18, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I (and I know I am speaking for everyone who follows you): Thank you for including us on this beautiful tour of New England. All the pictures are just spectacular!

Rest up and stay home for a while. (you will understand that last comment when you have time to catch up on your reading. 🙂

October 18, 2013 at 10:05 pm

What a lovely thing to say! Thank you for coming along on the ride! Resting up is indeed what we will both be needing after a 6 hour flight, a one hour transfer then a 6 hour train ride. I guess we’llbe sleeping most of the way! See you on the other side! 🙂