Farewell, Choir Babies and A Field of Gold

28 Mar

1   Today was Larissa’s last singing session with us before she and her family leave for Glasgow. It was a super morning with singing, dancing and cake and a beautiful piece of art for L from all the choir, painted by one of our members, local artist Jo Short.

Jo Short and the painting she has done for Larissa's leaving present.

Jo Short and the painting she has done for Larissa’s leaving present.

2   Our Choir-babies are a delight to us all and this was also T’s last time with us. We will miss his constant good humour. He has always loved the accordion and made a manful attempt to pick up the heavy case. Choir-baby E is now walking with support.

Choir-baby T taking off with the accordion

Choir-baby T taking off with the accordion

Choir-baby E is walking

Choir-baby E is walking

3    Yesterday I noticed a field full of daffodils near to home and managed to stop today to get a picture. I love this season in Cornwall where there are fields upon fields full of gold.

A field of golden daffodils

A field of golden daffodils

Tags: , , ,

10 responses to “Farewell, Choir Babies and A Field of Gold

1. El Guapo

March 31, 2013 at 3:13 am

Happy babies, music and blooming fauna. Inspirational!

2. missyrissy

March 29, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Sally – you captured the leaving day so, so well – and T with the accordian is certainly one to keep in years to come. I was so overcome with emotion I burst into tears when I read all of the kind words in mine and T’s cards. Thank you SO much!

March 29, 2013 at 11:03 pm

It is sooo lovely to have you comment on here! I hope you’ll continue to read and comment when you are away in Glasgow!
      I have a whole heap of photos for you but our house is full of family and we’ve spent all day getting sorted for them but I will get around to sending them all to you. They’ll make a lovely collection! xx

3. greenbenchramblings

March 29, 2013 at 11:30 am

Great to see the arts still going strong.

March 29, 2013 at 11:59 am

They are here in Cornwall! There’s something going on all the time.
      Thank you for calling in again, always appreciated 🙂

4. WordsFallFromMyEyes

March 29, 2013 at 10:25 am

Oh Sally, that field of daffodils is stunning, truly stunning – the mangled tree in the foreground particularly.

As for Glasgow, oh how I wish I could jump on a plane and see it with my own eyes. How intrigued I am…

& Choir Baby E’s hair – his hair so shiny, just like Daniel’s!! oh, love love love 🙂

March 29, 2013 at 11:41 am

Isn’t it magnificent? I was pleased with that shot!

Glasgow is a brilliant city. We love it. I think L will love it.

Choir baby E is a beauty isn’t she? Just makes my heart curl to see our Choir-babies!

All the best to you and Daniel 🙂