Hope, Hibernation and Cheese Scones

16 Nov
As second lockdown goes on, this piece by Kitty O’Meara is right on point and full of hope. I don’t know who the artist is….. I have now been told that the artist is Jessica Boehman

Hibernation

“And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently.

“And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.
“And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.”

~Kitty O’Meara

I had a fancy for some Cheese Scones and so, here they are, delicious slightly warm with salty Cornish butter.

Cheese and Black Olive Scones

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “Hope, Hibernation and Cheese Scones

November 22, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Love the artwork . . . and those scones are also a work of art!

November 23, 2020 at 7:47 pm

Beautiful, I agree. The artist is Jessica Boehman as I was told by a fellow blogger. I must edit the post. 🙂

November 21, 2020 at 3:16 am

if only this was true

“… and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.”

Sadly I don’t think anything will change.

November 21, 2020 at 1:15 pm

But we have to keep hope alive, to keep living. 🙂

3. Donna Catterick

November 16, 2020 at 7:59 pm

The artist is Jessica Boehman. She has a shop on Etsy with wonderful illustrations. Hans-my-hedgehog!

November 16, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Yummy. I like to hibernate like in the picture, like the bear really… I wouldn’t mind. 🙂 the lockdown here in London does not feel like lockdown at all. Lots of people about, schools are open. I can hardly see a difference. As I work in a school, I have to go in but do keep my distance and have my masks.