Today’s Walk

01 Apr

Please join us on today’s walk, wild flowers, a view of the sea, of Carn Brea, of our house and a horse called Zeita……. Β Click on any photo for a bigger version and the caption.

Tags:

14 responses to “Today’s Walk

1. greenbenchramblings

April 2, 2020 at 11:21 am

I did enjoy joining you on your walk – some great wildflowers. The one is Yellow Deadnettle I think

April 1, 2020 at 8:41 pm

The yellow flowers are Lamium galeobdolon or yellow archangel and the white ones are lesser stitchwort. Nice view of the coast, frustrating not to be allowed to go there. A walk on the beach would be so good now.

Liked by 2 people

April 2, 2020 at 5:31 am

I knew you would know! Thank you so much. I will go in and edit after breakfast. It is frustrating not to be allowed to go to the coast. Friends who run the cafe on Chapelporth Beach were given very short notice that the NT car park was to be closed and they had to race down to pick up their stocks. It would be so good to be able to walk up the cliff path to Wheal Coates again. Let’s hope this lock down does what it should and life can resume before too long. πŸ™‚

• Heyjude

April 2, 2020 at 8:32 am

My knowledge comes from the project I did a couple of years ago when I recorded the wild flowers in the lanes here. I even took photos of these flowers this week and posted a collage yesterday! How’s that for coincidence 😊

3. john zande

April 1, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Please tell me Gandalf occasionally rides up that path…

4. commonprose

April 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm

Enjoyed the walk immensely!

April 2, 2020 at 5:28 am

We’ll take you on more! Fortunately there are many, many paths to choose up there on the Flat Lode. Today’s was not our usual and the range of wild flowers was quite different although we were only moments away from our more usual route. πŸ™‚

5. pendantry

April 1, 2020 at 6:08 pm

Hi πŸ™‚
    1/ Two of your images just say ‘Name?’, which is a bit confuzzling.
    2/ How do you get your images to show those pop-ups? Is it just a function of setting them as a ‘carousel’? (I’ve never tried that myself).

April 1, 2020 at 6:16 pm

Confuzzling indeed! I’m hoping someone can help me id the plants. Jude often does so I wait in hope…… It just happens when I make a mosaic gallery. πŸ™‚

• pendantry

April 1, 2020 at 6:21 pm

Ah, thanks πŸ™‚ I’ll have to try that myself, I think! πŸ™‚

April 2, 2020 at 5:34 am

It worked. The lovely HeyJude came up trumps and I have the names. I will edit after breakfast in a couple of hours. πŸ™‚