Pattern, Biscuits and Book No 6

06 Nov

The goldenness and the swirliness of the creamed butter and sugar pleased me.

Like a sunflower

I made musical biscuits this afternoon.

Lemony notes and guitars, awaiting icing

My penultimate book in the Book Challenge is Le Petit Prince. In the Spring before my A Levels, I spent a month (or was it three weeks?) in Toulouse, France living with a family and bought this copy of The Little Prince while there. Just in case anyone should know her, my pen-friend was called Josianne Fromage. I learned so much with the family about French life as well as improving my spoken French. I first saw The Magic Roundabout on tv while there and attended the Christening of a little relative. Josianne later came to Truro to spend time with my family but afterwards we lost contact.

Le Petit Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Recently I found a beautiful small English edition to which I treated myself. It has a lovely pale blue ribbon to mark one’s place.

The Little Prince

WordPress sent me a message today.

7 Year Anniversary Achievement
Happy Anniversary with WordPress.com!  I have been blogging for seven years!

12 Comments

Posted by on November 6, 2018 in baking, books, French, Photography, Postaday2018

Tags: , ,

12 responses to “Pattern, Biscuits and Book No 6

November 7, 2018 at 9:04 pm

Happy anniversary! The little Prince is also one of my favorite. I got it in English , French and German…. Oh and I loooove the musical biscuits! You can eat a tune here! 🙂

2. Arkenaten

November 6, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Love Home made biccies!

Eye of the Needle – Ken Follett. Read it so many times. Great WWII spy story.

November 6, 2018 at 11:07 pm

I have just started a Ken Follett – the 3rd in the Kingsbridge trilogy. I love his writing and will find Eye of the Needle as I love a good spy story too. 🙂

• Arkenaten

November 7, 2018 at 7:35 am

I have only read one other of his novels, The Hammer of Eden.
        I thought it was ‘ Orrible, with a Capital ‘O’.
        Weak plot, cheesy dialogue.
        It’s still sitting on one of my bookshelves and will eventually find its way to a box and whisked off to the secondhand bookstore.

November 7, 2018 at 12:23 pm

I loved the first of the trilogy, Pillars of the Earth, but this third one is not beginning well………

• Arkenaten

November 7, 2018 at 12:26 pm

Authors, like all creators of art in whatever form have their ups and downs.
            And like art … beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I am sure there are people out there thinking: ”What? I thought it was brilliant!”

So it goes.

November 6, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Your musical biscuits are lovely. What a nice way to spend a pretty horrible day.

November 7, 2018 at 12:24 pm

A dreadful day! I really needed to bake! 🙂

• Heyjude

November 7, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Today is even worse! The wind is howling down my chimney flue and that doesn’t happen often! I think I shall go bake bread this afternoon and maybe a pizza for dinner 🙂

November 7, 2018 at 5:42 pm

I have just finished baking a Hummingbird Cake! Pictures later. Baking is very therapeutic in this awful weather. Hope your bread is delicious. 🙂

4. Timelesslady