Spring Day, Flowers and SallyBoots

08 Apr

It has been a glorious Spring day – blue skies, sunshine and warmth!  Let’s hope it lasts. We have worked in the garden all day and it is looking better!

Look how warm it has been today!

Spring garden

Can anyone identify this for me, please? They are about 30cms tall.

I knitted some booties for a young friend’s first baby and today I received this photo of her very beautiful daughter wearing the SallyBoots.

Beautiful baby wearing SallyBoots

Tags: ,

9 responses to “Spring Day, Flowers and SallyBoots

April 8, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Cute baby and great looking booties!

April 8, 2018 at 8:09 pm

I see you have already had ID on the flower. They are gorgeous. According to my car the temperature outdoors was around 13 degrees which is still good. Must be a micro climate where you are!

April 8, 2018 at 7:46 pm

What a wonderful day . here in London it rained all day. All your flowers are so wonderful, I am waiting for my daffodils to open! Should be soon though! 🙂

4. Hils

April 8, 2018 at 6:41 pm

Don’t know the botanical name but Mum always called them Snowflakes…related to Snowdrops I think.

April 9, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Yes, they look like giant snowdrops. I love them. We bought them a couple of years ago, lost the label and they didn’t do much last year. This year they are just lovely. 🙂

5. Colline

April 8, 2018 at 6:35 pm

What beautiful flowers. Unfortunately I cannot help you with the name.

6. sarthe

April 8, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Hi Sally, it’s a summer or giant snowflake, leucojum aestivum.