Sheep, Pheasant and A Rhododenron

11 Feb

It was a bitterly cold and very brisk walk around the gardens at Trelissick today, with hailstones hammering down on us at intervals. We could have done with coats as thick as the sheep!

There were Snowdrops everywhere and a Snowdrop Trail for half-termers to follow. We saw many little ones having fun following the upturned flowerpot direction arrows.

Pheasant among the Snowdrops

Camellias were in flower all around the gardens and so were the odd blowsy Rhododendrons.

Rhododendron

Tags:

7 responses to “Sheep, Pheasant and A Rhododenron

1. Arkenaten

February 12, 2018 at 8:44 am

Not a bird I am likely to encounter in my garden! Though there is someone in the street behind us who keeps peacocks!

February 12, 2018 at 9:00 am

Peacocks are gorgeous! I understand though that they can be very noisy! πŸ™‚

• Arkenaten

February 12, 2018 at 9:04 am

Noisy indeed! But now I come to consider it, I have not heard them for a while.
        The property where they are kept has a high wall so I have never actually seen them only heard as I jogged past on a morning constitutional.
        I believe they have an aviary, but I’ve no idea what other birds they keep.

February 12, 2018 at 9:34 am

Perhaps you need to investigate……… πŸ™‚

• Arkenaten

February 12, 2018 at 9:40 am

I shall certainly make a point of putting my ”ear to the wall” on my next jog-by.

February 11, 2018 at 11:47 pm

Beautiful blooms. I wouldn’t have suspected bitter cold and hailstones from your warm and engaging shots.

February 12, 2018 at 7:56 am

I had to keep putting my camera away but was happy with the shots I managed. I’m happy you found them warm and engaging, that’s lovely!πŸ™‚