Marmalade, Leek and Love

26 Nov

I made lots of marmalade last February when the Seville Oranges were in their brief season of availability and I froze enough oranges for one more batch of the golden stuff we love so much. Today, as it is almost all eaten or given away, I made the last batch and just in time to be able to give our eldest, visiting just for the afternoon, a jar.

Marmalade

Slicing leeks this evening, the concentric circles pleased me.

Slice of leek

Pooh Bear, the great philosopher!

Love and Pooh Bear

13 Comments

Posted by on November 26, 2017 in Beauty, Food, Photography, postaday2017

Tags:

13 responses to “Marmalade, Leek and Love

November 27, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Marmalade = LOVE! 😀

My favorite Pooh quote:

Pooh: What day is it?
    Piglet: Today.
    Pooh: Oh, good. Today is always my favorite day.

Here’s to making Today the best day of the week.

November 28, 2017 at 10:03 am

I love that quotation too! Our lovely Son-in-law always says to the kids – Today is the best day of your life! I love it! 🙂

2. Arkenaten

November 27, 2017 at 7:41 am

Kismet! I have just about finished making a small batch of marmalade this morning.
    Fancy swapping recipes? You are probably a zillion times more experienced than, me.
    He’s the one I used ….

November 27, 2017 at 9:35 am

happy to share though I can’t find my process photos in my 90,000 collection! You’ll be able to imagine each stage, I’m sure. I’ll write it out later and let you know when it’s done. 🙂

• Arkenaten

November 27, 2017 at 9:39 am

You’re a star. Gracias.

November 27, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I’ve posted the recipe and linked to you. 🙂

• Arkenaten

November 28, 2017 at 8:53 am

I shall give it a whirl sometime this week, all things being equal, and if I can work around my missus in the kitchen! I’ll let you know what transpires!
            Thanks, Sally. You’re a star.
            Doug.

November 28, 2017 at 9:45 am

Really pleased and still somewhat envious that you can just pick your own fruit. Do let me know how it goes and if I need to modify the recipe at all.
            All the best, Sally

3. Mama Cormier

November 26, 2017 at 8:23 pm

I love orange marmalade made with Seville oranges. A couple of years ago I went to a farmers market in the country and met a woman who was selling orange marmalade. I asked her if she used Seville oranges and she looked at me blankly and then inquired if I knew what an orange was. I walked away.