My Mum loved auctions and bought these candlesticks at one. I think she would be happy that the dresser we have all loved for 60 years is now in the auction house in Truro which she used to visit week after week, finding treasures and ‘yards of books’ amongst which there were sometimes treasures too. Another family will love the dresser in due course. What history there is in that piece, giving pleasure to people for 400 years! Time to move on.
Search for beauty
- 29th November – Dawn and A Gift
- Humour, Goodness and Glass
- Hyacinths, Last Leaf and Breathe!
- Autumn Lane, First View and Breakfast
- Wallflowers, Earrings and Just One Rule
- Advent, Happiness and December Blooms
- Narcissi, Mincemeat and Fire
- Happiness, Art and Protest
- Last Slice, Mincemeat and A Poem
- Leaves, Susie Cooper and A Plate
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected. Please ask for permission before taking and give me credit, too. I'm sure you understand.
Top Posts & Pages
- 620,931 visits from all over the world - Thank you all
Live Traffic Stats
Beautiful thingsBloggers 4 Peace Bloggers for Peace Claire Ingleheart cornwall food knitting love NaBloPoMo nature photography plants Postaday postaday2012 postaday 2013 postaday2013 postaday2016 postaday2017 Senegal singing sunset The Ingleheart Singers The Suitcase Singers travel Truro Cathedral Until the Day Break