Forget-me-Nots, Glass and Sewing

04 Apr

I have just found this! Somehow yesterday, I forgot to post it!

I love seeing the first Forget-me-nots in the garden. The plant came from Mum and Dad’s garden in Truro after Mum had died and has seeded itself every year since in memory of my lovely Mum.

Before I cleared up all my glass, I finished off my newest piece and here it is for you to see.

I have washed the fabric, ironed, cut out and pinned ready to make the porterage bags for the scrubs that others will be making.

Mum is here with me too as I use the patchwork pincushion that she made about 40 years ago! They are her pins too.

Tags: ,

10 responses to “Forget-me-Nots, Glass and Sewing

1. Suzy Shipman

April 5, 2020 at 9:41 am

Your glass is so beautiful. It has me mesmerised! Have you considered selling your pieces?

April 5, 2020 at 11:11 am

Thank you. I do sell at local markets but , of course, there are none at the moment. 😦

2. commonprose

April 4, 2020 at 6:02 pm

Love your newest glass piece. You are talented in so many ways: gardens, glass, and stitchery. This post brings your mother back to my memory. Glad she is with you.

April 4, 2020 at 6:26 pm

It’s lovely to have her there when I do stitchery as you so charmingly call it, delightful word. I have a basic need to be making – be it gardens, glass, sewing or baking, writing too! Much love to you. xx

3. Mama Cormier

April 4, 2020 at 3:07 pm

What a lovely keepsake. I have a pin holder that my mother made when she was a little girl. I cherish it because Mom died over 27 years ago. I love your glass piece.

April 4, 2020 at 6:24 pm

It’s 27 years since my Mum died too. I still miss her and I do cherish the things of hers that I still have. Love to you. xx

April 4, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Your glass pieces just keep on getting better! Forget-me-nots add such a lovely colour to the spring garden. Mine self seed all over the place!

April 4, 2020 at 6:23 pm

Ours do too, it’s very pleasing to me but the lovely Mr Smith liberates a few every year! Glad you like my new glass piece. 🙂

April 4, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Lovely forget me not. You are doing a great job with the sewing. Lovely to have your thoughts of your mum always with you. I miss mine so much, but I am glad she does not have to live through this. It is now one year without her.

April 4, 2020 at 6:22 pm

A year already – oh my, how the time goes by. I send you love in your loss. It does get easier but it never really goes away. Lots of love to you. 🙂