Lunch, A Lane and Dessert

21 May

I saw a tasty looking recipe for a Spring Vegetable and Blue Cheese Quiche so decided to make it for lunch. It was delicious.
 We drove along from Sunny Corner towards Gwennap today along the route my Dad would have taken when working on his novel, Jeremy Visick – so many family memories and happy times in that part of Cornwall. I needed to make room in the freezer today so took out some rhubarb and made us some ‘Different-every-time’ pudding for this evening. Its official name is Rhubarb Butterscotch Pie and it is a family favourite.

Tags: ,

13 responses to “Lunch, A Lane and Dessert

May 22, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Three scrumptious shots!

2. Sandra

May 22, 2019 at 9:15 am

Jeremy Visick is now on its way to me. Lovely addition to my fledgling Cornish library (well, still a shelf at the moment but it’s growing!)

3. unexpectedincommonhours

May 22, 2019 at 1:37 am

Just wanted you to know that after reading your posts about the book “Jeremy Visick” and the musical production, I was very intrigued and ordered the book (which is hard to find in the U.S.). I really enjoyed it and, while reading, strangely felt a connection to Cornwall. To my surprise, while doing genealogical research afterwards I discovered that my grandfather’s ancestors came to America from Cornwall. I’m hoping that my grandson will read the book and that he will enjoy it as much as I did.

May 22, 2019 at 7:55 pm

That’s lovely to hear, both your enjoyment of the story and your connection with Cornwall. Were your ancestors miners? Lots of Cornish miners went to America (and all around the world) to take their very special hard rock mining skills where they were needed.
      I hope Ben enjoys the story too. 🙂

• unexpectedincommonhours

May 23, 2019 at 12:29 am

I haven’t researched enough to determine if my ancestors were miners or not, but it is likely that they were. They would have come to America in the 1700s. Yes, I hope Ben enjoys the story, too.

May 21, 2019 at 11:04 pm

What a lovely lane. And rhubarb. I love rhubarb.

5. Arkenaten

May 21, 2019 at 10:31 pm

You are a cruel woman! Now I’m hungry! Very hungry.
    I love the photo of the lane.

6. Piglet in Portugal

May 21, 2019 at 9:20 pm

your quiche looks delicious!

May 21, 2019 at 7:33 pm