Lemons, Playing and Homework

24 Jan

Our Landlady has given us a beautiful bowl of lemons. Have them all are her instructions, there is a tree full in the garden.

We took Oldest Livewireout this afternoon to play on her new scooter, her Christmas present but she was in Senegal at the time so it was opened yesterday.

Then it was time for homework which she revels in! Wolof is her native language,French was the language she was taught in at school in Senegal. She has been

in Spain for 15months and now speaks Catalan and Spanish as well as English. She helped me when shopping the other day. I told her what I wanted to ask for and she talked me through and corrected my punctuation. She is seven years old!

9 Comments

Posted by on January 24, 2016 in Uncategorized

9 responses to “Lemons, Playing and Homework

1. Charlie@Seattle Trekker

January 25, 2016 at 10:48 pm

It is always so amazing to watch children make their way through the world.

January 26, 2016 at 7:19 am

I agree, especially one who has adapted so well and learned so many languages. 🙂

2. Our Growing Paynes

January 25, 2016 at 4:02 pm

That is fabulous she has such a grasp of so many languages. It will serve her well.

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

January 25, 2016 at 2:31 pm

what an awesome “Livewire”…and so young…Traveling has had to be a part…but, she must just have that inner ability…love it!

4. saymber

January 25, 2016 at 2:07 pm

I would love to have some of those lemons! I’ve started squeezing my own citrus juice and lemons are part of that. tart but yummy!

5. Grannymar

January 24, 2016 at 8:22 pm

A career in the diplomatic service for Oldest Livewire with so many languages under her belt already. The lemons look very tempting.. Lemon meringue pie, Lemon curd, slices for my hot water drinks and maybe a few for the odd G&T. That is one bowlful taken care of!

Liked by 2 people

January 24, 2016 at 8:25 pm

WordPress didn’t even let me finish! She also speaks English, Spanish and Catalan! I think you may be right about her future! Looking forward to taking the lemons home and following your instructions! 🙂

• Grannymar

January 24, 2016 at 8:39 pm

WOW! I am in awe of that young lady. Is she very musical? They say it helps with learning languages