Thursday Peace Doors

27 Aug

Thank you for this beautiful piece, Judy.
Here’s to Peace….

NewEnglandGardenAndThread

Hague

Yesterday’s events in Virginia, as well as all the preceding ones, caused me to think about peace as I was looking for a Thursday Door entry. These are the beautiful gates at the Peace Palace in The Hague, Netherlands, where the Peace Flame burns bright.

I keep wondering when did we become so intolerant of each other and so angry because of the twists and turns of life? When did we start living life like it was a video game and use social media to publicize atrocious behavior?

In years past, peace was when we were not at war with another country. Now, it seems like there is no peace because we are constantly in turmoil because of the war within ourselves.

We’re all different, life challenges us in many ways, but we still get to choose how to live and conduct ourselves. May we all just take a moment longer before we let anger  over perceived…

View original post 27 more words

6 Comments

Posted by on August 27, 2015 in Uncategorized

6 responses to “Thursday Peace Doors

1. Charlie@Seattle Trekker

August 27, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Indeed, no matter hard it is sometimes we still choose who we are and how we live our lives…Happiness is a choice, peace is a choice.

2. Judy @ NewEnglandGardenAndThread

August 27, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Thank you! May all your readers have a wonderful day. 🙂

August 27, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I loved this post and you have done me a favour! My hip replacement this time is proving more troublesome so to read this today which fits my blog so perfectly was just the thing. Thank you. I hope lots of my readers pop over to you. 🙂

• Judy @ NewEnglandGardenAndThread

August 27, 2015 at 8:46 pm

I appreciate your readers visiting. 🙂 I’m also send you best wishes for a speedy recovery. One of our good friends just had his hip replaced about four weeks ago. Who knew when we were watching the Bionic Man years ago, that it was a prediction of the future for us. 🙂

August 28, 2015 at 6:55 am

Indeed! I am now a Bilaterally Bionic Granny! Funnily enough, a new neighbour moved in a while ago and as we have come to know each other she told me about her father who was instrumental in inventing the artificial hip! She grew up with seeing prototypes in her Father’s study! 🙂

• Judy @ NewEnglandGardenAndThread

August 28, 2015 at 10:31 am

My Mom had two hips replaced and enjoyed the freedom from pain for many years and that was 25 +/- years ago. 🙂