My Sister, A Stream and A Doorway

10 Feb

This morning I sang with my sister who lives in Hawaii! We were both taking part in a Sing for your Heart session run by my choir leader on zoom and it was such a delight to see her and to sing with her! One of the compensatory joys of these strange times! I wonder if you can see which is my kid sister? Answer at the end!

It was another bitterly cold walk today, a different one, just up the road at Gwennap, alongside the stream, up through the village and around the Churchyard where my Dad found the inspiration for his novel, Jeremy Visick. I love this walk as there are so many happy family memories that crowd their way in my head.

A very full stream

I love the stones in this doorless doorway.

Deborah is bottom right in red and beaming her joy at me. Did you find her? Do tell me in the comments. Β We could barely sing, the pair of us for the grins on our faces!

Tags: , , ,

10 responses to “My Sister, A Stream and A Doorway

1. Ark

February 11, 2021 at 11:47 am

Your sister? Hmmm; Now then …. there is a slight resemblance to the figure with the beard and the red woollen hat .. but I can’t be hundred percent sure. Let me give it some more thought and I’ll get back to you, Sally.

2. ladysighs

February 11, 2021 at 11:18 am

So many could be your sister. Your sisters in song.

February 11, 2021 at 3:58 am

Glad you got to sing with your sis!
    Nice stone passageway.

February 11, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Lovely stone works, typical of Cornish buildings. It was lovely to sing with Deborah even though we couldn’t hear each other! πŸ™‚

February 10, 2021 at 7:45 pm

I had a feeling it is the bottom right somehow, as your sister. She looks the happiest πŸ™‚ So happy to see you, I can imagine it was great to be together like that.

February 10, 2021 at 10:06 pm

It was. We were both in tears at the end but will zoom again soon. πŸ™‚

5. greenbenchramblings

February 10, 2021 at 7:07 pm

We keep walking whatever the weather hence all my blog posts about the woodland walks near us. Walking and gardening are key to keeping reasonably stable. I adore that doorway by the way – so solid looking.

February 10, 2021 at 7:11 pm

We try to walk every day too, managing most days! I think you are right about the dual effects of both gardening and walking. πŸ™‚