Horses, January Shadows and Evening Sunshine

06 Jan

Near the start of our walk late this afternoon, the lovely Mr S spotted a couple of horses way in the distance.

Horses in the distance

We took a long shadow photo for our family in Atlanta, waving to celebrate the news about the Senate.(Edited 8th Jan 2021- To make things quite clear  – I was talking about celebrating the Democrats winning the two Senate seats in Georgia. I was not referring to the disgraceful and frightening behaviour of the mob in Washington.)

Down the lane and nearly home we came to the view of our lovely Town Clock bathed in golden evening sunshine and the viaduct which carries the railway line which runs from Penzance to Paddington.

6 responses to “Horses, January Shadows and Evening Sunshine

1. commonprose

January 14, 2021 at 7:50 pm

It is a tense time in the U.S. Complicity in the January 6 assault on the Capitol is widespread and further assaults on the U.S. Capitol and all 50 state capitols is a real threat. It will be so good to have Trump out of the White House and Biden in. Winning the Senate seats in Georgia was miraculously good news. But a lot of people still think the election was stolen. What a mess!

January 8, 2021 at 2:24 pm

So glad about the wins in Georgia . . . and I’m optimistic that some good will come out of the riot incited by Trump. Maybe he and the rest of his family will be charged (or at least disappear from the political stage)?

January 8, 2021 at 7:54 pm

Oh, so are we. 🙂

January 10, 2021 at 5:50 pm

We keep hoping that the riot has been a step too far and that justice will prevail. We watch the news avidly ! 🙂

3. Lisa Becker Campbell

January 8, 2021 at 12:09 am

I have happily followed you for years and have also lived in Atlanta, and I wonder, what about the Senate news were you celebrating? I am horrified by the outrageous events at the capital! I trust you know that was small crazed group, not the normal population. Lisa in Michigan

January 8, 2021 at 8:38 am

We were celebrating the winning of the Senate seats in Georgia, not the riots in Washington which we heard about later. We were outraged to see the invasion of the Capitol and to hear the words of incitement.
      I think we are still on the same page! 🙂