Six on Saturday – Colour and Produce

25 Jul

Our garden is a riot of colour at the moment as I showed in yesterday’s blog. Here is some more colour and some food! We are eating the purple Mangetouts almost every day – and they had just been picked for supper when I took the photo – and the tassels on the Sweetcorn are looking very lovely. We won’t be eating them for a couple of weeks though, I think.

Do pop over to The Propagator to see what other gardeners are showing this week, See here for the participant’s guide.

8 responses to “Six on Saturday – Colour and Produce

July 26, 2020 at 4:24 pm

Does the purple disappear when you cook the mange touts? I grew purple string beans one year and was so disappointed the first time I cooked them ~> ALL the purple disappeared and they became plain Jane green beans.

July 26, 2020 at 6:24 pm

No! To my delight they stay purple and… the water goes purple making purple /pinkish gravy! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

July 25, 2020 at 7:49 pm

That’s a lovely floriferous clematis – do you know the name? And I love the white aggies. I bought some mixed ones last year and there should be a white among them, but most are still quite small so not many have flowered this year, just a couple of blues.

July 25, 2020 at 9:27 pm

The label is out there and I will look tomorrow. πŸ™‚

• Heyjude

July 25, 2020 at 11:31 pm

😊

July 26, 2020 at 11:06 am

It’s Warsaw Nike. πŸ™‚

• Heyjude

July 26, 2020 at 11:10 am

Oh! I actually have that one, but it’s not been well for a couple of years. Had it in a pot when I moved here and it flowered in 2016, not so much 2017 or 2018 so last year I removed it and planted it along my Cornish hedge. I think it has one flower!

August 2, 2020 at 4:47 pm

We have this one in a couple of spots and they are both doing better this year than in previous years . πŸ™‚