Lunch, Bread and Pak Choi

24 Mar

We had planned to go to our friends for lunch today. We were going to plant some more trees and then to have lunch in the new woodland, two metres apart of course, with our own soup in a flask. However yesterday’s announcement made us think twice about that so I put our soup in the flask anyway and we took our lunch out into the garden where the veggie plots are awaiting planting.

I baked bread this afternoon while I was cooking dinner. In the photo of the bread is our last homegrown  Pak Choi which I stir fried with shallots and garlic to go with our store cupboard Corned beef hash.

After dinner, we couldn’t resist a couple of slices of warm seedy bread and butter!  Truly scrumptious!

Tags:

7 responses to “Lunch, Bread and Pak Choi

1. commonprose

March 26, 2020 at 4:21 pm

Bread looks scrumptious! Love your many stir-fry ideas. Did you build the raised beds yourselves?

March 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm

The lovely Mr S did some years ago. xx

March 26, 2020 at 7:55 pm

Bread – was truly scrumptious and we’ve eaten nearly the whole loaf already! We will have to stop that or we’ll be well overweight by the end of this despite the beautiful Joe’s efforts! 🙂

2. Judith Butler

March 25, 2020 at 3:58 pm

What a fantastic idea!! We look after our grandson while my daughter and son in law have to go to work (key workers). As the weather is do nice, a picnic with him in the garden is a great idea, fresh air and a little adventure! Thank you Sally 👍💖

March 25, 2020 at 5:27 pm

Doyou know about Joe’s PE lessons on YouTube? I’m going to write about the in today’s post later but you could look him up. Stay safe, all of you. xx

March 25, 2020 at 12:24 am

The bread looks lovely, but I have not been able to get hold of any flour! Or eggs! Hope by the time I venture next to a supermarket things have calmed down somewhat.

March 24, 2020 at 7:30 pm

Beautiful bread, I can smell it from here! Good choice not to go out. Keep in the garden in this glorious sunshine!