Six on Saturday – Spring is on its way

09 Feb

Colour is appearing all over the garden. It pleases me greatly when the Tete a Tete  in the Three Wise Monkeys wall planter burst into flower soon to be joined by Muscari. The planter was made just for me by a local sculptor and I love it in all seasons.

Tete a Tete

Crocuses are appearing around the wall garden, some orange and some purple.

Crocus

The Snowdrops please me the most at this time of year. They survived last week’s snow and are still going strong.

Snowdrop

The Marguerites haven’t stopped flowering since I planted them early last Summer. They really are troopers! I love the swirly pattern in the middle.

Marguerite

The Skimmia has had its bright pink buds  all Winter and I look forward to the buds bursting into their beautiful pale pink. This glaring pink is definitely not a favourite!

Skimmia Japonica

Iris Reticulata are another favourite. They are so delicate and appear before their leaves so really stand out. They will soon be replaced by Muscari.  We have them in a pot underneath a Cornus whose buds are showing already. I hope we have no more harsh weather or the buds may be lost.

Iris reticulata

Do visit The Propagator’s blog at  https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/09/six-on-saturday-09-02-2019/ to find out how to join in and to get links to blogs all over the world with news about gardens.

Tags: , , ,

9 responses to “Six on Saturday – Spring is on its way

1. cavershamjj

February 13, 2019 at 6:55 am

Six photos of flowers! That’s good going at this time of year. Nice Six.

February 11, 2019 at 11:25 pm

So much colour! Today the sun has really helped in bringing out my crocuses and irises and dwarf daffs, possibly ‘Tête á Tête’ too. Hopefully I can get the ‘field’ mown this week too!!

February 12, 2019 at 1:17 pm

It’s lots of small splashes of colour. I am looking forward to having swathes of colour in time! Our ‘lawn’ is more like a field too but has been too wet to mow. It isn’t a pretty sight at the moment. 🙂

3. thequiltinggardener

February 10, 2019 at 8:26 pm

The marguerite is amazing for the time of year. Beautiful pictures.

February 10, 2019 at 10:36 pm

They haven’t stopped flowering all season. I keep thinking they must get tired soon! There are about a dozen blooms on the plant. 🙂

4. greenbenchramblings

February 10, 2019 at 7:46 am

You are so far ahead of us up here in Shropshire. We have just snowdrops and aconites and one Iris reticulata in flower. But it does mean we still have lots to look forward to.

February 10, 2019 at 8:03 am

I think the planter flowers must be protected by the wall. The Tete a Tête-à-tête in the ground are not ready to flower at all. There is much to look forward to! 🙂

5. Piglet in Portugal

February 9, 2019 at 9:12 pm

I love the Tete a Tete plant holder! what a wonderful way to display dainty spring flowers