Mawgan Porth, Bedruthan and Another Book

02 Nov

I’ve had a yearning for a few days to see Bedruthan Steps, part of our dramatic North Coast where we had many family visits in the past so off we went, through Newquay, past Porth and off to the wildness of Bedruthan.

Today’s book, introduced to me by my Mum, a retelling, from the female point of view, of the King Arthur tales that so entranced me as a youngster.

The Mists of Avalon

9 Comments

Posted by on November 2, 2018 in books, Cornwall, environment, nature, Photography

Tags: ,

9 responses to “Mawgan Porth, Bedruthan and Another Book

1. maureenjenner

November 4, 2018 at 10:12 pm

It looks so beautiful. These places are that are so special; I would be loth to share by revealing the location. The photographs are splendid.

November 4, 2018 at 10:14 pm

I do know what you mean! Places can lose their specialness when they are ‘discovered.’ Thanks for your appreciation of the photos. 🙂

2. commonprose

November 4, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Bedruthan is on my list for our next visit to Cornwall. Wow!

November 4, 2018 at 6:31 pm

You’d love it! Don’t leave it too long before you visit again! It’s a demanding stomp but worth it. 🙂

3. john zande

November 3, 2018 at 1:05 am

Have you ever read The Great Captains by Henry Treece? It’s a wild Arthur tale, opening as the last Romans sail away from Dover. I read it when I was very young, but I remember it to be uncommonly brilliant.

November 3, 2018 at 8:03 am

Thank you for this. I shall track it down. Happy days to you. 🙂

November 2, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Bedruthan is lovely, but boy are those steps a killer! I guess by now they are roped off until the spring.

November 3, 2018 at 5:14 pm

We didn’t walk to the bottom, just the first half of the steps so didn’t see if they were roped off. Very glad we went yesterday! 🙂