Lighthouse, Lemon Curd and The Moon

08 Dec

1   We had a birthday lunch with friends in Maenporth today, such a beautiful day with warm sunshine, blue skies and seas but I was just too late to catch the sparkler on the birthday boy’s dessert!

2    I made a batch of Lemon Curd today( recipe here) and have potted it in the individual jars that we brought home from our holiday. I  plan to sell them at Ingleheart’s choir on Monday evening as part of our fundraising for our reciprocal trip next Autumn to the Welsh choir who visited us last summer.

Miniature Lemon Curds to sell

Miniature Lemon Curds to sell

3   The moon was visible at dusk tonight and then the lovely Mr S called me to see a beautiful circular pinkish haze around it as darkness came. I expect there’s a name for that, that Alex will be able to tell me.

Moon at dusk

Moon at dusk

Moon with a haze

Moon with a haze

Tags: , , , ,

9 responses to “Lighthouse, Lemon Curd and The Moon

1. theamateurcamera

December 11, 2013 at 9:41 am

Birthday boys dessert looks very delicious as does your Lemon Curd! 🙂

2. Our Growing Paynes

December 9, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I love lemon curd. It reminds me of growing up and my mum’s homemade curd. 🙂

3. maureenjenner

December 9, 2013 at 3:01 pm

You make each day just that little bit special with your posts. Thank you for sharing those golden moments.

4. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

December 9, 2013 at 3:56 am

Lemon Curd…I think of Gingerbread…love those flavors together!

5. Colline

December 8, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Beautiful picture of the moon.

December 8, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I was pleased it worked so well. Thank you for your regular visits, much appreciated even if I don’t always manage to reply. 🙂

6. AnElephantCant

December 8, 2013 at 8:36 pm

AnElephant is happy that MyBeautifulFriend lives in the same world as he does, sees the same moon, and enjoys the same beauty in all things.
    Hugs

December 8, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Under the same sky! I love that phrase – being under the same sky, seeing the same moon brings us all closer together in this beautiful world of ours. Thank you for your lovely comments, dear Elephant. 🙂